Apple Walnut Cheesecake is a WONDERFULLY tasting, cinnamon laced cheesecake with the tartness of apples and the savory flavor of walnut. A very rich, indulgent dessert!
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 pkg cream cheese (16 oz)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a food processor cream the cheese and condensed milk. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the lemon zest. Pour into the pie crust.
- Toss the apple slices with the lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Spoon the apple mixture over the cheesecake batter.
- Place pie in a pan large enough to hold water half way up the side of the pie plate.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until top is just starting to crack and looks dry.
- Remove to a rack and cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate 5 or 6 hours or overnight before serving.